Recently Viewed 0
Favorites 0

Homeowners Information

All short-term rental property owners need to register their property with the state.  They can do that by following the link.  For homeowners who only rent out their home for 2 weeks or less a year you will need to fill out the Tax Exemption Form provided below. 

A Person who uses propert(ies) of which they are the proprietor, lessee, sublessee, mortgagee in possession, or licensee to operate a short-term rental(s) is required to maintain at least $1,000,000 in Liability Insurance for each short-term rental property that defends and indemnifies them and any tenants or owners in the building for bodily injury and property damage arising from the short-term rental. 

You may fill out The Update Forms online.  Below is a list of documents for your convenience.  Please print them and mail them to us at 8 Federal Street Nantucket, MA 02554 or fax to us at 508-228-7788 and of course you can email them back to us here at  If you would like us to mail you copies of these forms, or have any questions, please call 508-228-4449.

The documents are in  PDF format. If you have trouble reading them, download the free AdobeĀ®  Reader.